for Container Booking
Reduces running costs and errors simultaneously.
Description of Problem
There were various time-consuming processes in the Operations Department of the Client’s company. Most of the processes were rules-based, while some required machine-learning (an aspect of artificial intelligence).
- Booking of containers when client’s end-customers place orders
- This process required staff from Client’s Company to log on to carriers’ (mostly shipping lines) web portals to make bookings.
- Reports of booking orders/ incoming cargo with detailed information about containers
- This process required staff from Client’s Company to log on to government’s web portals to get data about cargo.
- The information had to be formatted in a specific way.
- Transferring information from Bills of Lading (Excel) into the desired format and preparing a Manifest, which is a combination of various Bills of Lading.
- Extracting information from scans of other Bills of Lading, to extract data and re-formatted into a Manifest.
The client is a regional shipping/logistics company that is involved in businesses such as stevedoring, operating vessels (container vessels, bulk carriers, coastal vessels), cargo movement, and jetty maintenance.
Container booking/ automated reading of Bills of Lading
How Gleematic Helps
Degree of Robotization: 75% Effort Automated
ROI: 3 Months
Human Error Rate Reduced
Manual Effort Reduction to 75%
Faster Processing Time: Reduction of 65%
No More Repetitive Administration
Get Free eBook
What is it and how to implement it successfully