Challenge: Track COVID-19 Testing and monitoring results
- Hospitals may not have user-friendly or fully-integrated I.T. systems in place for testing of diseases and updating.
- Different types of tests done at different departments of hospital may reside in different I.T. applications that don’t talk to one another.
- Reporting is cumbersome and nurses may need to spend significant amount of time doing reports daily (e.g. 1 to 2 hours per nurse per day).
- Problem is made worse when there are many people coming in for COVID-19 testing. They might have done multiple tests at different departments.
- Cognitive software robots can help to auto-select disease codes or department codes and enter into systems for generating reports.
- Reduces time on administrative work, so that nurses can focus on taking care of patients.
- Robots are available even when someone needs to be on sick leave, thus ensuring 24/7 availability.
- Speeds up production of reports and communicating to patients automatically.
- Cognitive robots can also take patients’ data (even from identity documents), matches it to hospital’s records, retrieve test results, and sends them to Health Departments. This can help accelerate COVID-19 testing and reporting.
Cognitive Automation can have significant impact on the Healthcare sector – across the entire value chain – right from Testing and Diagnosing, to Treatment, Monitoring, and other operational efficiencies.