05 May 2023- Testingmind, a leading provider of quality assurance, digital, and automation events, is proud to announce the Test Automation and Digital QA Summit in Singapore. This conference is specifically designed for Quality Assurance enthusiasts and will focus on software testing, test automation, and digital quality assurance. This event was attended by several speakers from various background ranging from different industries.
Christopher Lim, Co-Founder of Gleematic, was invited to be one of the panel speakers in the “Automating Software Testing Through Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning” session. This roundtable discussion focuses on reviewing the current challenges in software testing as well as the existing solutions for the current problems.
Here is a recap of the session covered by Christopher Lim
Robotic Process Automation As A Solution for Software Testing
Software testing is a critical process in software development that helps ensure the quality of the end-product. However, testing is not without its challenges. Mr Chris emphasize the common challenges in software testing is time constraints. Time is a significant challenge in software testing. Development teams are often working on tight deadlines, and comprehensive testing can be time-consuming. The result is often inadequate testing, which increases the risk of bugs and defects going undetected. Another challenges with software testing is still done manually. These two task then become a repetitive tasks that can disrupt your efficiency and productivity.
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a type of technology that automates business processes by using software robots or bots to complete tasks that would typically be performed by humans. RPA robots are programmed to perform repetitive tasks such as data entry, invoice processing, customer service inquiries, and other mundane tasks that don’t require complex decision-making.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can significantly help in software testing by automating repetitive, time-consuming, and error-prone tasks, which are common in testing. Below are some ways in which RPA can aid in software testing:
- Test Data Generation: RPA bots can create test data by automatically inputting values into a system or database, eliminating the need for manual data entry. This can save time and reduce the risk of errors that can occur with manual data entry.
- Test Script Generation: RPA bots can generate test scripts by recording the actions of a human tester and then playing back those actions automatically. This can save time and increase test coverage.
- Test Execution: RPA bots can execute tests automatically, allowing for faster and more efficient testing. The bots can interact with the system being tested, inputting data, and verifying the output.
- Regression Testing: RPA bots can perform regression testing, allowing for the automation of repetitive testing tasks, such as testing the same functionality repeatedly. This can save time and improve accuracy.
- Performance Testing: RPA bots can simulate large numbers of users and requests, allowing for performance testing of systems. This can help identify performance issues before they become critical.
- Defect Management: RPA bots can automatically log and track defects found during testing. This can save time and improve the accuracy of defect tracking.
Combination of ChatGPT And RPA To Improve Software Testing
Both ChatGPT and RPA can play a significant role in software testing and can help in different ways.
What Is ChatGPT
ChatGPT is a powerful natural language processing tool that can understand and generate human-like language queries and commands. This can be especially useful in software testing, where testers need to ensure that the system meets the end-users’ needs and requirements. With ChatGPT, testers can generate natural language queries that mimic how end-users would interact with the system. These queries can be used to create test cases and automated scripts that can help in testing the system’s functionality, performance, and security.
How ChatGPT And RPA Impact Software Testing
ChatGPT, as a language model, can be used to create and execute test cases by generating natural language queries and commands that mimic how end-users interact with the system. This can help in ensuring that the system meets the end-users’ needs and requirements. ChatGPT can also be used to create automated test scripts that can help in testing the system’s functionality, performance, and security.
On the other hand, RPA can help in automating repetitive, time-consuming, and error-prone tasks, such as test data generation, test script generation, test execution, regression testing, and defect management. By automating these tasks, RPA can save time, increase efficiency, and improve accuracy, allowing testers to focus on more complex and critical tasks.
In combination, ChatGPT and RPA can significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of software testing. For instance, ChatGPT can be used to create test cases and automated scripts, while RPA can be used to execute these scripts automatically and generate test reports. This can help in identifying defects earlier in the development cycle, reducing the cost and time required to fix them, and ensuring the system meets the end-users’ needs and requirements.
We are grateful to Testingmind for giving us the chance to take part in this initiative. We are excited to further expand our presence in the automation industry, helping people to engage in imaginative, thoughtful, and empathetic tasks while contributing to a better world