Document and data extraction plays an important role in today’s office work tasks. No matter what industry, a lot of times businesses would need to be able to process a high amount of paper and digital document to collect and record information. Without automising document extraction, this may cause a huge strain on business operation and workers.
However, here are some challenges that hinder business to automate document processing：
- Document processing tools not being able to automate a wide variety of processes and only works on particular documents.
- Document processing tools require high level knowledge of coding, making it difficult for most workers to operate.
What are Extraction Tools and why do we need them?
Document extraction tools can automate the processing of unstructured and semi-structured data. For example, document extraction can include invoice extraction, accounting bills, bank records, emails, employee CV, etc.
How can business benefit from these extraction tools?
Businesses can benefit from using extraction tools in multiple ways:
- Save cost and time: The large amount of time needed to manually process these documents can be costly. Document extraction tools can save hours of work into minutes.
- Improve employee work-life: Even when document are recorded digitally, the sheer amount of files and data could be overwhelming for employee to process. Document extraction tools can help employee reduce their work load to focus on more value added work.
- Reduce manual error: With processes like such, it is very prone to human-error. Document extraction tools can process high volume document is high accuracy.
When choosing a vendor, what do you need to consider?
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) : Also know as text recognition, OCR is the technology used to differentiate between printed and hand written words. Text on documents can then be recognised and turned into usable data.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): This will help the robot understand different languages and recognise different types of files.
- Machine Learning: This will help the robot to extract data from even unstructured text through supervised learning.
- User-friendly: Easier for workers to learn and able to implement the robot quicker to their tasks.
- Customisation: It’s important that vendors are able to customise the automation depending on clients’ work process, as each business will most likely require different data to collect.
Nowadays, with more volume and variety of data that needs to be collected, vendors will need to improve extraction to be customised depending on the business processes, the new solution to this is called Intelligent Document Processing (IDP).
What is Intelligent Document Processing (IDP)?
Intelligent document processing (IDP) uses A.I. technologies to identify, categorise and extract needed information. These AI technologies can include Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and OCR technology.
With the help of AI, the capability of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can extend to a wider variety of work process automation. AI will be the core technology to mimic human behaviour and understands human languages during automation. Therefore, this will not only allow unstructured and semi-structured data to be read, it can also allow robot to understand different human languages.
Intelligent is the future of process automation. Using Cognitive Automation software like Gleematic AI , businesses in many industries can quickly integrate intelligent document processing to increase their work productivity. Gleematic provides as user-friendly solution (no coding knowledge needed) to process documents in multiple Asian languages, such as Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean and many more.
Written by: Reiko Anjani