On 21 – 23 September 2021, Gleematic participated again in HR Tech Festival Asia 2021 held and organized by HRM Asia. As a multi-platform media and events company helping HR Community to build and connect, HRM Asia offered HR business leaders and professionals to connect and interact with industry influencers, thought-leaders, tech-innovators and experts to get ultimate experience of the latest technology in the world’s market. This year, despite the critical period of COVID-19 pandemic and all its restrictions, HRM Asia waved the flag bringing along HR Tech Festival Asia across region to drive change in leadership, technology, culture, and employee experience in the world of HR.
Just like previous year, Gleematic participated again in this year’s HR Tech Festival Asia as exhibitor. We were excited to showcase our technology capabilities although the exhibition took form virtually. During the 3-days event, we managed to connect, interact, and discuss with HR business leaders across region. They were excited to hear that now they seemed to find solution for their mundane, time-consuming, and manual HR processes that they have been looking solution for with Gleematic Cognitive Automation.
On 23 September 2021, our co-founder, Ada Lim, talked and showcased how Gleematic can transform HR processes with A.I. & RPA. We believed this topic would be fruitful as a lot of complex HR processes still reply manually on humans and paper documents. Those complex HR processes include employee on-boarding process, payroll management, recruitment, talent management, and many others. Ada Lim delivered how automation in HR could bring such impact for the company’s productivity and efficiency.
Here are some key points that were delivered:
What are the pain points in office works where transformation can overcome?
As the business grows rapidly, it demands all elements in it to follow its pace. Manual processing does no longer bring productivity and efficiency a company needs:
- Paper intensive. Their work involves tedious and mundane paper documents that have to be processed each day. Each document could contain abundance of data or information to transfer and store between systems. Imagine having to apply same routine for each document, while there are hundreds of them each day. The option you could have is keep processing them manually or having them piling up in your desk.
- A lot of manual data entry. Entering and transferring employee-related data (such as personal, medical, recruitment, leave, resume) between systems is core activity in Human Resource department. Manually entering them from paper documents such as forms into the database can cause pain.
- A lot of complex calculation including payroll management, maintain talent performance, prevent employee retirement and resignation. A complex manual calculation can lead to higher error rate compared to having an intelligent bot with A.I. to take over the calculation.
- A lot of information resides in unstructured documents. ID Cards, employment contracts, application forms, certificates, and many other HR-related documents contain data that has to be processed. Digitizing them could be a problem if the technology could not read from semi-structured or unstructured data. Intelligent bot that has OCR and A.I. can understand any type of documents even if they are in multiple languages or formats.
Why transforming HR processes with A.I. & RPA?
Cognitive automation (RPA with A.I.) has becoming the ‘superhero’ to rescue employee from such pain points. A.I. is a field combination of technology and study where machines can think and make decision in ways that are similar to what human can do. What are some benefits of ‘hiring’ this intelligent bot?
- They work 3x-5x faster compared to human-staff because they can mimic human activities on computers such as mouse-clicks or keyboard-strokes.
- Rapid deployment because A.I. is available for you to use without knowing any programming or coding.
- Cost reduction because you don’t have to change your infrastructure but instead, you’re improving them with this intelligent bot.
- Quick ROI as short as 3 weeks as the intelligent bot brings greater productivity and efficiency for your business.
What are the examples of cognitive automation for HR?
Next question should be, what are the examples of automation in HR? You might want to take a look at below diagram on how RPA augmented by A.I. can help processes in HR:
Take a closer look how A.I. and RPA can transform HR processes:
- Transferring data between HR portals/systems. The intelligent bot can transfer data from spreadsheet or any files into the database system, HR portals, or to fill any other documents such as forms. The robot can integrate and connect with any I.T. applications or systems, and understand which field to fill using which data. They can give you alert if certain process is completed.
- Predicting staff turnover or attrition rate of employee. With A.I., the robot can predict staff turnover or the likeliness of a certain employee to resign based on some background data such as salary, distance from home, educational background, job role, experience, promotion, and others. This capability shall improve employee engagement to reduce the risk of high staff turnover.
- Ability to read data from documents such as employment contracts or resume. Enhanced with A.I., the robot can identify, understand, and extract the data from any type of documents like employment contracts or candidate resume, then place the data into a spreadsheet or systems. This capability can automate recruitment process or any daily tasks in HR that involve document processing.
Ada Lim gave insightful deliveries for automation in HR. Watch the recap of our session at HR Tech Festival Asia 2021 here:
We sincerely thank HRM Asia for organizing such event we could participate in. We always strive to empower people to create better workplace and bring more happiness to the office by automating the manual works they despise through cognitive automation.